Sunday, October 22, 2006

The little things in life...

So, I haven't posted in a while so I decided that it was time for an update. Canskate, Kidskate, and Groupskate have started and we successfully completed a full week..whoo..lol. Anyways I am a P.A. [program assistant] for groupskate and canskate. We are short on p.a.'s to start off which is making this season seem really crazy and stressful. On friday, 3 of our p.a.'s couldn't make it to skating and the head coach was inside doing parent meetings so I was in charge and I had 23 kids in my group!! A normal size is 5-7. Anyways I got through that without going insane and actually kinda enjoyed myself. Hopefully this week will be a little less crazy with group changes and such.
At work this week I worked incredibly hard [jk], on Thursday I made a castle out of soap. The store is in the process of getting ready for christmas. My supervisor told me to make a display of lux soap and to make it look nice...it's soap, there's only so much you can do with soap right? Anyways I did what I was told and started putting these boxes on the pallet kinda angleing[sp.] them to add variety. Anyways once I had filled the pallet there was still 12 boxes to empty. So I started to put individual packs out and in the end it looked like a castle. That was only the first exciting thing at work this week. On Saturday, I got to work and started to put out some christmas stock when I had to work in the bull-pen [its what we call the beauty counter-dont ask why-I don't know]. So, we got these new necklaces in and they look more like something I would decorate my christmas tree with but thats besides the point, and anyways when the company sent them to us they just sent all the necklaces in one big box so we had to untangle them. Well when I got to work they had them all untangled except 4, and nobody could untangle them, so I decided to try. Well after 3 hours of constant frustration and untangling and retangling, I got them apart. It was quite exciting.
Anyways thats all for now,
hopefully I'll have more interesting news next time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! Glad to see you finally updated your blog!! lol. Sorry I couldn't be there on Friday to help out with coaching. Hopefully this week of coaching will go smoother and I really hope I get some help with Kidskate today!!! I can't handle 15 little kids by myself! YIKES!!!!!! lol. Hope you had a good weekend. I'll see ya at the rink today! Oh... did you txt him??? I sure hope you did! Luv ya!!