Saturday, February 17, 2007

January 2007 Editors Choice Award

So, every now and then I submit poetry to www.poetry.com and this January I won the Editors Choice Award for my poem,
"The Journey"
A Path has been marked
The way things are supposed to be
The feelings you are supposed to feel
I don't understand why this is happening to me
All the things I thought were real
Are being taken and changed into something new
Something different, something fake
All I depended on is taken away
There is a fork in the road
One path is bright and wide, easy to follow
The other has a great reward at the end
But is dark and has many obstacles
Which is the road to take?
What is more important, happiness or effort?
Take the road the leads you to something real
To real happiness and real life
Be strong with the strong winds blow
and the road is hard
Have faith in what is to come
In how the journey will end
If you want to see more of my poems they are on www.poetry.com and just type in my name.

No comments: